Settlements that are linked will take you to more information about each hosted by St. Charles Parish government.
Named for the Germans, became Des Allemands
Named for the daughter of Alice Plantation owner (means “to love” in Greek)
Gauche means left or left- handed. Bayou Gauche is the left and smaller fork of Bayou des Allemands.
Named for Tisaphane Boutte and his son, J. L.
French name for the Germans; was Allemands
Named for Palmer Elkins; became a part of St. Rose
Named for Orthello Flagg; became a part of Hahnville
Named for Good Hope Plantation (included an area known as “The Island”); became a part of Norco in 2000
Gaelic for Church of St. John (named by Richard Millikin from Ireland)
Named for the LaBranche family (it was located on the shores of Lake Pontchartrain and destroyed by a hurricane in 1915)
Named for Florenz A. Luling
Named for the Cumberland-Moberly Lumber Company in Taft
Named for Modoc Plantation; now a part of Destrehan
Named for the Manz (Montz) family
Named for Mozella Plantation
Named for Leon Sarpy; site of second Sarpy Plantation
Acronym for New Orleans Refining Company (formerly Sellers and Diamond; also included an area known as Wesco)
Named by developer and railroad builder Eduardo Paradis
Named for Leon Sarpy; became Sellers, then Norco
Named for Colonel Thomas Sellers; became Norco
Named for lumber baron Charles Taft, President William Howard Taft’s brother
Named for St. Rose Plantation
*Settlements remaining in the 21st Century.