The Bank of Hahnville emerged in 1923. It would remain a presence in St. Charles Parish into the 21st Century. It would hold several different names during the passing years and exist in several locations.
1923 — Bank of Hahnville
1925 — Luling-Hahnville Bank
1939 — Luling-Hahnville Norco Branch
1955 — Bank of St. Charles and Trust
1989 — First American Bank and Trust Company. (First American was chartered as the Bank of Vacherie in 1910 and assumed its current name in 1978.)
The Luling-Hahnville Bank was established to “meet the needs of industrial and agricultural St. Charles.” The original bank building stands across from the courthouse in Hahnville and is the site of a law firm.
This text is copyright © material by Marilyn Richoux, Joan Becnel and Suzanne Friloux, from St. Charles Parish, Louisiana: A Pictorial History, 2010.